Message recu ce jour par email et 911 inversé.
Snow Storm Alert - January 2, 2014
A winter storm will be affecting our region beginning this evening and into tomorrow afternoon. This storm has the potential to blanket the area with significant amounts of snow that could eventually lead to severe weather conditions. This storm will be accompanied by high winds and severely freezing temperatures.
Please adhere to the following directions:
- We urge you to find a parking spot for your vehicle by 6PM this evening.
- Do not Double Park on streets, block roads, intersections or fire hydrants – vehicles found doing so will be towed at the owners expense.
- If a state of emergency is declared there will be a ban on vehicle travel which could include county and state roads.
In the event of a power outage please have the following available:
- Fully charged Cellular Phone
- Be careful of candle use- to avoid any fire risk
If a power outage does occur, please remember to report it immediately PSEG and Weehawken Police.
- PSE&G: 1-800-436-PSEG (7734)
- Weehawken Police Department : 201-863-7800
In the Event of a power outage The Township will open warming and charging centers.
- 525 Gregory Ave (Senior Building)
- 2-4 Potter Place (Senior Building)
All township Recreation activities for Thursday Evening have been canceled. Please visit our website for updates on Friday/Saturday Recreation activities.
Please remember to not Double Park on streets, block roads, intersections or fire hydrants, we do not want to have your vehicle towed. It is very important for snow plows and emergency vehicles to have clear roads.
If you need emergency assistance please call the Weehawken Police Department at 201-863-7800 or 911. You may also contact The Weehawken Department of Public Works at 201-319-6050 for snow related problems.
Richard F. Turner